Sunday, May 11, 2008

Catch Up

Wow, what a semester that was. I am very glad it is finally over. So here is the Cliff notes version of the last few weeks of the semester.

When I got back from Louisville I had to hit the ground running. I had to give two presentations for class before the end of the month, each based off of 25 page papers that were due the first week of May. I was continuing to work my three jobs (GIS, State Parks and grader) as best I could while doing the extra work. I ended up working myself sick and had an ear and sinus infection. So I had to take two days off of everything and try and get better.

I had to get a couple of extensions on my papers, but I turned the last one in on May 7 and it felt great. All my hard work and killing myself over the semester was rewarded though. I have three A's.

We gave the students their exams on May 6 and had the grades done and inputted by May 8. I caught a student cheating on the exam, but it didn't help him cause he didn't follow the directions and it wasn't well written.

In the meantime, I was elected Graduate History Association President for the next year. This meant I had to step down as Phi Alpha Theta President, so I had to find new officers for next year. I managed to find four officers so PAT should continue on next year. Which is great since we went from me being the only member three years ago to 43 members this year.

So now that that semester is over I am trying to get everything in line for my trip to the UK. I leave May 19 and will be gone for just a little over 6 weeks. There is lots to do before I leave and a week is not much time to get it done. I will be using my blog to keep the journal I need for school and to keep everyone updated.

No comments: