Today I had to give in and buy maternity pants. I had been stalling on this one just in case I started to gain weight other than around my belly, but so far that has been the only place besides my chin that shows signs of being pregnant. I have been sitting in a slouched position a lot of the time with the jeans unbuttoned, but now I won't have to with the awesome belly band that doesn't dig into my belly. I also needed a new purse, so I went with a rather large one, which is the trend anyways, so that I can use it as a diaper bag as well. It even had little side pouches that could perfectly fit bottles for later on. (And my mother-in-law gave me a little trendy pouch for diapees and wipees this weekend.)
T says I occasionally get cravings were I salivate about certain foods, but I haven't really noticed. I have noticed though that I now like to eat bananas. This is a miracle I tell you. Prior to pregnancy I couldn't stand to chew or smell a banana. They were just so very gross to me. But I had been using them in smoothies for the potassium, and when I was preparing some for the freezer, I ate a bite of one that had broken and proceeded to eat an entire one after that.
Luckily I am also moving away from morning sickness. About a week ago I would be able to delay it till later in the morning, and then it moved to just dry heaves, and for the last three days I haven't even had those. The idea of not hovering over the toilet morning after morning is a glorious one. I still get the occasional bouts of nausea, but I just eat a bite or two of something and it wanes away. Hopefully that will go away soon too.
We haven't even begun to plan or buy anything for the baby. Some friends have offered to sell us a slightly used car seat, which I am sure we will take, and I have had several offers of maternity clothes and stuff but haven't received or had the time to go get them. But we still have more than 6 months, so I think we are alright for now.
Thursday, May 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
CONGRATULATIONS!
I didn't check your blog for awhile, and today I noticed this 10 weeks post. I am excited for you! I hope you have a nice, relaxing pregnancy.
Post a Comment