Sunday, November 15, 2009

36 Weeks

This week marks my last week before being considered at term. As such, we decided to get some last minute things accomplished so we could be ready for whatever came our way. The first thing we did was get maternity pictures taken. We went to a local chain studio, and honestly they did a good job for a great price. However, we did have to wait 45 minutes before we even got into the studio. We had reservations, but apparently they can't anticipate the amount of time it will take for portraits when it comes to kids and indecisive parents. We also picked a Saturday before the holidays, which meant it was packed of all the people trying to get holiday photos done. But we have our pictures now, and despite being very pregnant and all that entails in the form of weight gain, I think they look very good.

The following Monday, T took the day off so we could go shopping for all the stuff we need babywise from day one. We have lots on our registry that honestly we won't need for a few months (books, high chair, etc), but we did have stuff like baby monitors, changing pad, a pack of diapers that needed to be picked up. We also decided to pick up a few things to put under the tree for the baby, since technically this will be her first Christmas. I had been collecting coupons from Target and other sites for various things, and I managed to cut our final bill almost in half! I love doing that.

The next day we had our first physical exam type of appointment at the OB. I won't get into details, but I was 50% effaced with no dilation. My belly measurements are still matching the weeks, which meant I was 36 cm. Hopefully that will slow down since I don't know how much more stretching my poor belly can take. The skin is so tight it shines in the light now. The OB also confirmed she is head down, thank goodness, so no breach baby for me. (Although she still feels sunny side up.)

It also looks like I got the swine flu vaccine just in the nick of time. T woke up Wednesday morning feeling like death very suddenly, but tried to go to work. Within two hours he was home sick with a lot of the symptoms of the swine flu. I took care of him for two days before he felt well enough to go back to work, but still didn't feel 100% great. I, miraculously, did not get sick at all, which was my biggest concern. I took all the precautions I could by washing my hands all the time, staying out of the same room as much as possible, and drinking lots of Vitamin C, but I did the same thing in Ohio and got sick. So I am 95% sure that T had the swine flu and am thankful that I managed to get that shot finally. I am still going to get T vaccinated, once I am able to find it available.

No comments: