Sunday, January 07, 2007

Textbooks

This weekend I purchased my textbooks for the upcoming semester--my last before receiving my Master's degree. That makes this, quite possibly, the last time I will ever have to purchase textbooks for myself. There is a chance that I will continue and get a Ph. D. at some point, but for the foreseeable future, I've been gouged by a bookstore for the last time.

Of course, when the Wife starts grad school this fall, she'll still be buying textbooks, so this isn't the last set of textbooks we'll ever buy. But then it'll only be one set, rather than two.

Also this weekend we went to Target to get a new bookshelf--our literary collection (if you can call Stephen King books, fantasy novels, and Harry Potter books that (no, that's not all we have; there are some legitimate works of literature in there, too; some of which I've actually read (and enjoyed))) continues to grow, and we want to take the DVDs off the big bookshelf in the front room and put books there instead. Thrilling, I know. So Target had a nice display for a CD/DVD display shelf thing that would have been perfect--real wood, good price--but they, of course, had none in stock. Nice. So we've ordered them online and they'll be coming shortly, along with our new laptop, and the aforementioned textbooks.

Maybe the mailman deserves a bonus.

2 comments:

Marsie Pants said...

Sounds like someone else got a present from Robert....

Mr. T said...

Actually, no, not yet; but that'll sure be sweet...